Recording VO and Narration
No upcoming sessions have been scheduled
$20 for members(plus HST)*/$40 general (plus HST)
Membership is easy! We offer three levels of membership that suit the various ways people interact with Ed Video. The process of becoming a member is as simple as completing a form and paying the membership fee.
In this workshop, we'll get hands-on with Ed Video's audio gear to record a voice-over or narration. Learn how to operate an audio recorder, microphone and reflector shield to capture studio sound. We'll also cover important techniques to keep in mind when working with performers, and how to work with the recording in post.
Lecture and Demonstration
- Overview of the equipment
- Selecting a location
- Preparing and breaking down the material
- Working with talent
- Basic editing of audio (demonstrated in Final Cut Pro, but knowledge will transfer)
- Participants will practice conducting a recording session with another person
- Participants will practice conducting a recording of their own
- Review of recordings
About the instructor
All workshops are held at Ed Video, 404 York Road, Guelph, unless otherwise indicated