Become a Member
Certain activities, such as renting equipment, require a membership.
General Members may access:
|Producer, Student and Organizational Members may access:|
Member rate on workshops and events
|Member rate on workshops and events|
Consultation on projects
|Consultation on projects|
||Access to production equipment|
||Access to post-production equipment|
Complete the payment process below, and send an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date of Application
- Mailing Address (street, city, postal code)
- Preferred email address
- Primary & Secondary telephone numbers
- Please state whether you would like to receive our newsletter as the anti-spam law states that we need your express permission to add you to our list.
Membership PolicyMembership is the essence of the existence of Ed Video. Helping our membership to foster the creation, exhibition and appreciation of media art, is our mission. It may seem like there are a lot of rules below, many of which appear in just the fine print of forms that you sign. Over the last 37 years these policies and requests have been developed to help Ed Video staff serve the membership to the best of their ability.
1. Being a member in good standing requires that you:
- Adhere to the equipment and payment policies.
- Work to uphold the mandate and directions outlined in our mission statement
- Acknowledge that endangering the interests or reputation of the organization may result in the termination or suspension of membership privileges.
- Requires that you respect the conditions under which the staff, board and members work. Click here to download the full version of the Code of Conduct as a PDF.
- Please be aware that members of Ed Video come from a variety of cultural and artistic backgrounds and that we foster a space that is free of discrimination.
- Your role as an active member and volunteer at the centre contributes to the overall vibrancy of the centre
- As a producer member in good standing you will be eligible to sit on the Board of Directors, which is voted in at the Annual General Meeting and is responsible for ensuring the centre is managed responsibly.
- I agree to abide by the policies of Ed Video Media Arts Centre
- I agree to update my artists’ resume, details of production in progress and completed, copies of one sheets, press materials and exhibition catalogues to document my artistic work in the Library/Archive files of Ed Video
- I agree to the policies of the Ed Video Library and a VHS/DVD copy of my completed works, produced through the facilities of Ed Video, may be placed in the Library/Archive at Ed Video
- I understand that my membership is an annual one and must be renewed every year no later than the last day of the month in which I joined
- I understand 24 hours notice is required for cancellation of bookings, otherwise there will be a charge
Honorary Life Members
Call for Nominations for Ed Video Honorary Life Members:
Life membership is an honour awarded by the Board of Directors. Life members may be nominated by any current or past member, and the recipients are chosen by the Board or by a committee delegated by the board. Life membership may be awarded to any person who has made a considerable contribution to Ed Video Media Arts Centre or to media arts in general. There may be up to 2 per year. Honorary Life Members have the same rights as producer members.
We would like to encourage current and past Ed Video members to send us names and contact information for people they would like to nominate, and please include the reason for the nomination in your message. Please forward your nominations to the board of directors at email@example.com