As an artist-run, media arts centre Ed Video is able to offer students exciting opportunities to work with video technology, assist in the operation of a gallery, and chances to network with professional film and media makers.
Placement at Ed Video is ideal for students who plan to work in the arts or attend a post-secondary institute with a focus in media/film.
Ed Video's co-op students work independently and perform a variety of tasks,such as:
- Planning, shooting and editing videos
- Creating posters or website pages for events
- Aiding in the installation of a gallery exhibit
- Maintaining the appearance of the centre and the gallery
All co-op students are given opportunities to use Ed Video's equipment and space in their spare time, as well as attend workshops at no cost.
It's a great placement and we need great individuals to step up to the role. We look for students who are:
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Experienced, or looking to gain experience, in video editing software, Photoshop and video equipment.
- Looking to pursue a career in the arts, or who have an avid interest in the arts
- Positive in their attitude and able to adapt to a flexible and varied work environment
As Ed Video is only open from 10am to 5pm, we are only able to accept co-op placements during these times.
For more information about student placements at Ed Video please call our office at (519) 836-9811 or visit the centre. Students are welcome to contact us before applying.