NOTE: This award has closed
Cultural Diversity Production AwardEd Video is an inclusive and innovative artist-run centre that supports artists from diverse communities in all aspects of media arts. We endeavour to create an environment which is inclusive and representative of the diverse community we call home.
The Cultural Diversity Production Award is a production support program which provides access for media artists whose work promotes cultural equality, strengthens the voices of cultural groups who are typically underrepresented in media, and/or encourages members of diverse cultural groups to become more active in the creation of media art.
Eligible projects include audio art, cinematic works, video art, documentaries, photography, and web series. Projects must meet Ed Video’s standard for an "Artist Rate” project.
Eligible applicants must:
• Be the primary creative force of the project (eg. Director)
• Be a resident of one of the following Ontario counties: Brant, Dufferin, Halton, Hamilton-Wentworth, Peel, Waterloo or Wellington Region.
• Own all rights to the work they are creating
• Artists of all experience levels are encouraged to apply
• Be able to complete their project between May 1st, 2016 and March 31st, 2017
• Share news of the progress with staff, who may include notices in Ed Video’s email newsletter
• Abide by the standard rental and equipment access policies of Ed Video
The application deadline is April 1st, 2016.
Successful applicants will receive:
• A one year Producer membership
• The equivalent value of up to $2,000 in access to Ed Video equipment for the project outlined in their application
• Editing lab access
• No cost access to workshops (some conditions apply), training, and mentorship
Applicants must submit:
• A current resume (with emphasis on your artistic work)
• A 1 to 3 page description of the proposed project. Please provide: a synopsis of the project; your desired outcomes for the project; when and where work will be conducted; how you intend to share your work with the world; a list of collaborators; how your project relates to and will fulfill the goals of the production award; how the completion of this project will affect your career in the arts.
• If your project is based on a script or treatment, please include it with your application.
• A detailed budget or clear request for specific support. (We need to know exactly what it is you are asking us for)
• Examples of previous work are encouraged, but not mandatory.
As well as artistic merit, the jury will weigh how Ed Video’s award can fit into the artist’s long term goals and if our assistance will help them reach the next step in their career or education.
One award may be granted annually.