NOTE: This award is no longer available
Video Art Production AwardEd Video is an inclusive and innovative artist-run centre that supports artists from diverse communities in all aspects of media arts. We endeavour to create an environment which is inclusive and representative of the diverse community we call home.
Ed Video is an important hub for video and media creators working in the regions we serve. We have a strong desire to see an overall increase in the quality and impact of the works made in these regions, and for those who are behind that creation to find sustainable practices in these regions.
The Video Art Production Award is a production support program which provides access for artists using video as a mode of artistic expression, such as in alternative or experimental video, video installation or sculpture, and single and multi-channel video art. Work based in traditional cinema, documentary, and web series is not eligible for this award.
The equipment provided through this award must be used for the creation of a new work, and cannot be applied to use of equipment for the presentation of the work.
Eligible applicants must:
• Be the primary creative force of the project (eg. Director). Producers may not apply unless they are also the primary creative lead.
• Be a resident of one of the following Ontario counties: Brant, Dufferin, Halton, Hamilton-Wentworth, Peel, Waterloo or Wellington.
• Own all rights to the work they are creating
• Artists of all experience levels are encouraged to apply
• Be able to complete their project between May 1st, 2016 and March 31st, 2017
• Share news of the progress with staff, who may include notices in Ed Video’s email newsletter
• Abide by the standard rental and equipment access policies of Ed Video
The application deadline is April 1st, 2016.
Successful applicants will receive:
• A one year Producer membership
• The equivalent value of up to $2000 in access to Ed Video equipment for the project outlined in their application
• Editing lab access
• No cost access to workshops (some conditions apply), training, and mentorship
Applicants must submit:
• A current resume (with emphasis on your artistic work)
• A 1 to 3 page description of the proposed project. Please provide: a synopsis of the project; your desired outcomes for the project; when and where work will be conducted; how you intend to share your work with the world; a list of collaborators; how your project relates to and will fulfill the goals of the production award; how the completion of this project will affect your career in the arts.
• If your project is based on a script or treatment, please include it with your application.
• A detailed request for specific support. (We need to know exactly what it is you are asking us for)
• Examples of previous work are encouraged, but not mandatory.
As well as artistic merit, the jury will weigh how Ed Video’s award can fit into the artist’s long term goals and if our assistance will help them reach the next step in their career or education.
One award may be granted annually.