Ed Video Covid Policy
On September 1, Ontario announced that residents will need to show full proof of vaccination (two doses at least 14 days prior) and photo ID to enter certain indoor establishments, including meeting and event spaces. This will apply to Ed Video.
People are considered fully vaccinated after receiving the full series of a COVID 19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by World Health Organization (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series). An official proof of vaccination receipt — displayed either on a smartphone or with a physical copy of the proof of vaccination — must be presented at time of entry into Ed Video.
Staff and Volunteers:
- Ed Video is mandating proof of vaccination for all in-person staff roles (existing and new). Where proof of vaccination is not provided, a written document provided by a physician, registered nurse, or nurse practitioner stating medical exemption must be provided, and accommodations to work virtually will be provided where possible.
- All volunteers who will be volunteering on-site for Ed Video will also be asked to be fully vaccinated;
- Ed Video staff and volunteers will commit to facilitating a respectful dialogue about this complex issue.
Ed Video Members and General Public
- Anyone using the space must be masked at all times, and maintain social distance.
- Anyone accessing the space will be required to provide updated contact information for contact tracing.
- Children under 12, who are accompanied by an adult that meets the above vaccination requirements, will be allowed entry in accordance with the prevailing medical guidance at the time.
- Exceptions will be made only for patrons who provide valid proof of exemption as required by the Province.
- We anticipate maintaining these protocols throughout the remainder of 2021, and until the Provincial Government allows for a relaxation of these requirements.
- As government guidance is rapidly evolving, our protocols will likewise be amended and updated as necessary.
- For members who choose not to disclose their vaccination status, we will continue to offer curbside pick up of equipment and outdoor discussion of projects or technical support.
- We are offering several laptops to be signed out for members who need access to edit suites
- After hours use of space is preferred, however will be limited to existing members who have gained the privilege, and must be booked and approved by staff. Valid proof of vaccination must still be provided (visible on a smartphone or print out).
- Members using the space after hours will be provided with a unique access code that will only be active during their booked time slot.
- Equipment pickup and return will be limited to Mondays and Fridays by appointment only.
Approved by the Board of Directors of Ed Video on September 23, 2021, effective immediately.
This document will change to reflect updates to any new recommendations and policies.
For further information please visit the FAQ provided by the Government of Ontario.