WEEK 1 Winner: Jamie Doran, envelope chosen #17, which contained the Jack of Hearts
WEEK 2 Winner: Peter Szabo, envelope chosen #8, which contained the 8 of Hearts.
Ed Video's Catch the Ace progressive lottery!
Tickets available now at the Ed Video office, 404 York Rd, Guelph.
Tickets are $10 cash only.
First draw will be help Saturday November 10, 11:30 am.
For Ed Video's annual fundraising effort, we are holding a Catch the Ace lottery to support our workshop and production programs. Catch the Ace has a guaranteed, weekly cash winner and one jackpot winner at the end of the lottery. Ed Video earns 50% of all ticket sales which will improve our services to the community.
Here’s how the lottery works:
- Each card from a complete deck of 52 playing cards is placed in a separate envelope. The 52 envelopes are sealed and randomly numbered from 1 to 52 for the progressive jackpot draw.
- You buy a ticket for $10, fill out your name and contact info, and choose an envelope number between 1 and 52.
- Each week, one ticket stub is randomly drawn from the tickets sold only in that week.
- If your name is on the stub, you win the weekly cash prize—a guaranteed 20% of the money from tickets sold that week.
- Also, the envelope with the number from the ticket stub is opened. If that envelope contains any card except the Ace of Spades, 30% of the money raised from that week’s ticket sales goes into the Jackpot.
4. When the Ace of Spades is drawn from the envelope, the Jackpot is awarded to that week’s winning ticketholder and the lottery is over. For example, if the Ace of Spades was opened in the 6th week, then 6 weeks of accumulated jackpot money would be given to that week’s winner and the lottery would end. If tickets sales go well then that could be $200 for the weekly prize and $2,500 for the jackpot. The longer the lottery goes, the larger the jackpot prize.
5. For every ticket sold, Ed Video gets half the money. So it really helps us a lot if you buy a ticket.
Charitable registration #127507226RR0001
Lottery license number: M791565