Rental Rate Levels
Ed Video exists to support the work of artists, and to make the creation of their work more achievable by offering affordable access to equipment. We also understand that some artists generate an income that supports their creative endeavors by doing work for others. Therefore we have rates that are applicable to each type of activity.
Only current Ed Video members can rent equipment. Rate Levels are applied to individual projects, not the user.
The Arts Project Rate is for creative works in which the renter is the primary creator and has complete creative control/copyright. The project must be funded independently or through arts council granting programs.
The Artist Rate is for projects such as:
- Experimental video & media art
- Short and full-length fiction films
- Audio art
- Self-initiated photography projects
- Music videos
The General Rate is for projects being done on behalf of organizations, individuals, and companies (regardless of how or if the renter is being paid).
The General Rate is for projects such as:
- Commercial work such as advertisements, promotional videos, product demonstrations and tourism videos
- Documentation of events (weddings, community or sporting events, etc.) or skill instruction (workshops, lectures, etc.)
- Hired work for business or individuals
- Work done for the member's own business or services, such as those listed above
- Work produced for community or non-profit organizations*
*Community and non-profit organizations may apply to rent equipment at a reduced rate. Contact email@example.com to initiate this process