Blackmagic Cinema Camera 2.5K EF
The Blackmagic Cinema Camera 2.5K is a production-grade camera designed with filmmaking in mind.
Spartan in features, inputs, and functionality, the camera really focusses the user on the task of making their shots great.
The camera also features the added bonus of recording in Cinema DNG, Apple Pro Res or DNxHD internally to SSD drives, meaning that you don't need a peripheral recording device in order to capture high-quality file formats.
What you should know about this camera
- The camera is very simple to use. Anyone can operate this camera with limited training.
- There are no constant automatic functions on this camera. Audio levels, focus, exposure and white balance must be set by the user.
- A strong understanding of white balance, ISO, shutter angle and lenses is essential to getting the most from this camera.
- The pre-amps on the microphone inputs are comparatively poor. If you want top-notch audio, you should use an external audio recorder.
- The built-in mic is only suitable as a reference for synching sound. It does not capture good audio.
- The screen is large and reliable, but an external monitor such as the SmallHD 502 is an extremely valuable tool in properly measuring the values and qualities of your image.
- The camera is compact and light enough to use in run-and-gun situations and for live events.
What's in the kit
- Blackmagic Cinema Camera body
- Two batteries (each lasts approximately 3-4 hours depending on use)
- Battery charger
- A/C adapter available on request
- Two 240GB SSD drives (record time varies based on selected film mode. Each will hold 2 hours and 6 minutes of footage in Pro Res HQ)
- SSD dock for transferring files
- Camera cage, 15mm rails and top handle
- SmallHD 502 Monitor
- Bower 16mm or Bower 85m cine-style lenses
- Canon 24-70mm, Tokina 100mm or Canon 50mm lenses
- Manfrotto 502 or Manfrotto 504 tripods
- Shape Spider Shoulder Mount