Lighting for Interviews
No upcoming sessions have been scheduled
3 hours (approximately)
Email email@example.com to request another offering of this session. Include the title of the event in the subject line.
$30+HST for members/ $60+HST for non-members
Membership is easy! We offer three levels of membership that suit the various ways people interact with Ed Video. The process of becoming a member is as simple as completing a form and paying the membership fee.
This session will mix theory with demonstration and hands-on application of knowledge to provide attendees with a general understanding of the lighting practices, approach, and safety used in the filming of documentary-style interviews. The knowledge shared in this session can also be applied to testimonials or for 'selfie' video shots.
Lecture and Examples
- Principles of lighting an interview
- Identifying and setting the tone
- Working with existing light
- Lights and light modifiers
- Safety considerations
- The basic three light setup
- Beyond the three light setup
- Lighting modifiers
- Participants will work together to create their own lighting setups
About the Instructor
All workshops are held at Ed Video, 404 York Road, Guelph, unless otherwise indicated