Lighting for Fiction
No upcoming sessions have been scheduled
3 hours (approximately)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request another offering of this session. Include the title of the event in the subject line.
$30+HST for members/ $60+HST for non-members
Membership is easy! We offer three levels of membership that suit the various ways people interact with Ed Video. The process of becoming a member is as simple as completing a form and paying the membership fee.
This session will mix theory with demonstration and hands-on application of knowledge to provide attendees with a general understanding of the lighting practices, approach, and safety used in lighting fiction scenes. This workshop will approach the topic at a very introductory level.
Lecture and Examples
- Principles of lighting a scene
- Identifying and setting the tone
- Working with (or not) existing light
- Lights and light modifiers
- Safety considerations
- Understanding the lighting needs of the scene
- Basic setup of a scene, set in Ed Video's studio or offices
- Light setup and lighting modifiers
- Participants will work together to create their own lighting setups
About the Instructor
All workshops are held at Ed Video, 404 York Road, Guelph, unless otherwise indicated