Look Hear 2019
Kazoo! & Ed Video Media Arts Centre present:
Look Hear Micro-Grant 2019
Call for Submissions
Deadline: Friday November 9th, 2018 at 5pm
Kazoo! and Ed Video Media Arts Centre are excited to announce details for the 6th annual Look Hear Micro-Grant. We are seeking submissions from individual artists or collectives to create a new multimedia performance that combines live audio and visuals. Proposals should explore the creative possibilities of merging sound and vision to create an innovative and unique new performance to debut for a live audience at Kazoo! Fest in April 2019.
As the performance location is yet to be determined, it should be possible to present the performance in a variety of venues such as nightclubs, warehouses, and galleries. Ed Video will supply technical resources wherever possible, which could include video production equipment, video projectors, and technical assistance.
Project Criteria and Eligibility:
- The project must be created by artists based in Guelph, with at least 50% of any collective residing in Guelph.
- Projects must be 30 minutes long and must be able to be performed live in front of an audience.
- Must incorporate audio and visual elements into a single performance piece.
- For the purposes of this project, the term ‘multimedia’ will reflect the integration of a variety of mediums. Visuals may include video, light projections, live drawing/painting and more. The audio component of this project is not limited to any genre or instrumentation. Ideally audio components should be performed live where possible.
- Preference will be given to projects by younger and emerging artists, as well as from artists who wish to continue with the project after the premiere performance.
Artist fees will consist of $1,500 total with $750 paid at the start of the project (November 2018) and $750 paid upon completion (April 2019).
Application Deadline: Friday November 9th, 2018 at 5pm
Results Announced: Tuesday November 20th, 2018
Project Creation: November 2018 to April 2019
Performance: During Kazoo! Fest happening April 10-14th, 2019 (exact date to be determined)
Applications should include:
● A short written description of your idea. Clearly tell us how live audio and visuals will be integrated into your performance. Describe the various elements of the project and the technical setup.
● Information about the artist(s) involved. This may include descriptions of past musical or artistic projects, artist CVs, bios, etc. Please provide web links where possible.
● Support material, either audio or visual to illustrate past artistic endeavours, by providing web links and/or (reasonably sized) email attachments.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Look Hear 2019” in the subject line by Friday November 9, 2018 at 5pm. Digital applications only, please do not send physical applications.
All applications will be reviewed by a jury panel who will select only one project. Successful applicants will be contacted by email.
Questions about the application process can be emailed to email@example.com